Hello! My name is Heather and I am the worst blogger ever. :( The funny thing about not blogging...one week become two weeks. Two weeks becomes two months...and before you know it, it's a new year and you're way behind! Whoops!!!
- I'm starting the New Year off with my elective in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry! I'm doing a lot of Outpatient office work with a little Inpatient exposure. So far, I'm loving it! Psych is so interesting to me and we all know I love kiddos...I may be narrowing down a specialty :) While I loved Pediatrics, Psych just feels right; like I'm in the right place.
- So far I have completed 2 months of Emergency Med, Internal Med, OB-Gyn, & Pediatrics, Psych this year. I still have Ortho, Surgery, Radiology, Internal Med again, and Family Medicine this year! Hoping to have some updates on the completed rotations in the future.
- Even though it seems like I just look COMLEX Level 1, I'm not scheduled to take COMLEX Level 2 PE & CE on March and May, respectively. Ugh. Time to start studying hardcore again.
- Since starting rotations in July, my fitness routine has waxed and waned. Some months were better than others and in September I made the decision to take break from Crossfit for a few months. Looking back, I think I was really struggling during the fall. I wasn't looking forward to my workouts. Frankly, I didn't want to do much of anything. No running, no yoga, occasional lifting workouts or elliptical work. Just totally out of my groove. Sleep was my friend and my appetite was out of control. Truthfully, I think I was going through a little depressive episode.
- With that said, I have a little ground to make up. I gained about 10lbs since the summer. I don't feel a huge change in the way my clothes fit but I do feel a little heavier. I have since started back at Crossfit (I missed it too much!) and am starting half marathon training. Feeling much better despite the cold, dark weather. Onward and upward!
- Since my last post, all the life things are still going well. Nick and I celebrated another set of married holidays. Still living in our same apartment and anxiously awaiting the time when we will know where we will be living for residency so we can finally look at houses!
- We are headed to Nashville in March for a long weekend, Bloomington in April, and possibly Atlanta (again) in May for a conference.
- 2016 is going to be a bridge year for us - no moving, no new schools or jobs, no big changes - just cruising along.
Back with more updates soon! Any questions I can answer since my latest absence? :)